“The weekly group rides are a great way to get together with friends and to meet new friends. The Monday, all ladies, ride and the Tuesday, for everyone ride, are both no drop rides and help riders of all abilities improve riding skills and knowledge or just for friendship and the love of riding a bicycle. ” – Joyce
Weekly rides will be starting soon. Check back for more information.
Here at Breakaway, we like to ride! Group rides are a great way to stay motivated, be inspired, get in shape, train for an upcoming event, meet new friends, and become a better rider. We hope you will join us!
This year we are incorporating all ride levels into a single night group ride.
See our current list of ride descriptions and details below.
GENERAL INFORMATION for all BBS Rides:
- All BBS weekly rides are FREE. Join us for the fun, then bring a friend and spread the word.
- All rides leave from Breakaway and are co-ed and “no drop” unless otherwise noted.
- Riders need to arrive 15-30 minutes before scheduled start time for a little socialization and to make sure your bike is ready to go. We will roll out at the designated start time.
- Bring your own bike in good working condition, helmet (required), water and nutrition, and a means to be self-sufficient (cell phone or flat changing tools.)
- We begin each season with a lower mileage and slower pace and then increase our mileage and pace as we get stronger throughout the riding season.
- We ride on the Nickel Plate Trail, on country roads, flats, hills, and everything in between.
- In the event of inclement weather, call ahead to verify the ride is still a go. We will not ride in steady rain, thunderstorms/lightning or high winds.
- Our ride leaders are here to help YOU achieve your riding goals, whether it’s a casual ride to get moving, a social ride to meet new friends, or training with a purpose. We are here for YOU!